Print This Recipe
Warm Brie with Cranberry Chutney
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1/3 cup golden raisins
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8 oz. wheel of brie
1/4 cup sliced almonds
baguette slices or crackers for serving
1. In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, ginger, raisins, vinegar,cloves, and cinnamon. Simmer over medium-low heat until the berries pop,about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool to room temperature; chutney will thicken as it cools.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small baking sheet with foil and place brie on it. Top with the chutney. Bake until the cheese is heated through and runny, about 12 to 15 minutes.
3. While brie bakes, toast almonds in a small skillet just until light brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. (Watch carefully, as they can burn easily.)
4. When brie is ready, transfer to a serving platter. Top with toasted almonds. Serve at once, accompanied by baguette slices or crackers.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|