Print This Recipe
Roast Chicken Thighs with Carrots, Parsnips, and Cranberries
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
3 parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/4 cup Inspirations Cranberry Mustard
1/2 cup tomato puree
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, toss carrots and parsnips with 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil, then mix in salt and pepper. Spread the vegetables evenly in the prepared pan.Arrange chicken thighs bone-side-down on top of the carrots and parsnips. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. While chicken bakes, heat remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in a medium saucepan overmedium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and slightlygolden, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add mustard, tomato puree, brown sugar, andorange juice; stir to blend, then add cranberries. Simmer briefly, just untilberries start to soften. Remove chicken from the oven and pour the cranberrymixture over it, distributing evenly. Return pan to the oven and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Transfer thighs to a serving platter and surround with carrots and parsnips. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|