Print This Recipe
Winter Cinnamon Snowballs
Servings: Makes About 8 dozen bite-size cookies (24 servings
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Prep Time: 17 minutes
1 batch Basic Butter Cookie dough
2 cups walnuts
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, or more as needed
1. Prepare Basic Butter Cookies through Step 3.
2. Place walnuts, cinnamon, and flour in a food processor or blender. Grind nuts finely, being careful not to let them get oily. Gently stir walnut mixture into dough. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to chill slightly.
3. Pinch off teaspoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. Place balls of dough about 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350-degrees F. just until cookies feel slightly firm to the touch and are barely golden on the bottom, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on pan for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool to room temperature. Repeat until dough is gone.
4. Place confectioners' sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Drop 4 to 6 cookies into the bag, close, and shake to coat with sugar. Place coated cookies on a rack or plate. Repeat until all cookies are coated, adding more confectioners' sugar if needed. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, or freeze.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes About 8 dozen bite-size cookies (24 servings)|
|Calories from Fat||n/a|