Print This Recipe
Spring Fudgy Maine Mud Bites
Servings: Makes About 8 dozen bite-size cookies (24 servings
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 17 minutes
1 batch Basic Butter Cookie dough
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted, divided
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Prepare Basic Butter Cookies through Step 3.
2. Add maple syrup to dough and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Add 4 Tbsp. of the cocoa and mix until incorporated.
3. In a food processor or blender, combine chocolate chips with remaining 2 Tbsp.cocoa. Process until chips are coarsely chopped, then add to dough and mix just until incorporated.
4. Place dough in a large plastic zip/close bag and seal. Cut an opening (about a1/2-inch) at one corner to use as a pastry bag. This makes it easier to control the amount of dough for each cookie, and to make the cookies more uniformly circular. Squeeze dough onto prepared pans 1 tsp. at a time, spacing cookies about 1 1/2 inches apart (dough will spread slightly). Alternately, drop dough by scant teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are just set and slightly firm to the touch, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Repeat until batter is done.
5. Serve at room temperature. Store in an airtight container for 3 days, or freeze.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2012
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes About 8 dozen bite-size cookies (24 servings)|
|Calories from Fat||n/a|