Print This Recipe
Honey Peach Upside-Down Cake
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 (28 to 29 oz.) can ?light? sliced peaches
1 Tbsp. Nature's Place Organic Honey
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Nature's Place Organic Old Fashioned Oatmeal
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. Taste of Inspirations Fleur de Sel sea salt, or to tast
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 (6 oz.) container Taste of Inspirations Nonfat Greek Yogurt Honey Flavor
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 pint Taste of Inspirations Vanilla Greek Frozen Yogurt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch round baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Sprinkle brown sugar over the bottom of the pan.
2. Pour peaches into a strainer and drain. While peaches drain, place honey and 1 Tbsp. of the butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat on high in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, until butter is melted. Whisk until smooth. Pour into pan over brown sugar; it does not need to form a smooth, even layer. Arrange the peach slices in a single layer in the baking pan in a decorative pattern.
3. Melt the remaining 4 Tbsp. butter and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla until smooth, then whisk in the melted butter. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter over the peaches in the pan. Smooth the surface with a rubber spatula so it reaches the edges uniformly.
6. Bake until surface is deep gold, about 35 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge and turn the cake out onto a serving plate. Allow cake to cool for an additional 30 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve topped with a scoop of frozen yogurt, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|