Print This Recipe
Lean and Crunchy Chicken Nuggets
Servings: Makes 4
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
2 Tbsp. flax seeds
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. dry mustard powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 egg white
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 lb. My Essentials frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins
vegetable cooking spray
honey mustard, barbecue sauce, reduced-sodium ketchup, Greek yogurt (optional dipping sauces)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a small skillet, heat flax seeds over medium heat, stirring frequently until they begin to smell toasted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Seeds may jump a little as they toast; be careful not to let them burn. As soon as seeds begin to smell toasted, transfer to a plate andlet cool a few minutes.
3. Combine wheat germ, panko, paprika, mustard powder, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and toasted seeds in a resealable plastic bag. Seal and shake to mix well.
4. Whisk egg white and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
5. Cut chicken into pieces 2 to 3 inches long and 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide (about 16 to 20 pieces). Place chicken in egg white mixture and mix to coat; then drop into crumb mixture, seal bag, and shake to completely cover all pieces.
6. Place chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet and lightly spray them with cooking spray; pieces should not be touching.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and lightly spray with cooking spray. Return to the oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, another 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately, plain or with any of the optional dipping sauces.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|