Print This Recipe
Berry Good Bread
Servings: Makes 20 (makes 2 loaves)
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, mostly drained of juice
1 1/2 cups finely shredded zucchini
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen (don't thaw)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans with vegetablecooking spray
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, andcinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla using an electric mixer on medium-low speed. Add pineapple and zucchini and mix until well blended.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three batches, mixing just toincorporate after each addition. Add blueberries and use a spatula or woodenspoon to gently mix them into the batter.
5. Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake until a toothpickinserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 to 60 minutes. Cool on a wirerack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 20 (makes 2 loaves)|
|Calories from Fat||n/a|