Print This Recipe
Orange-Coffee Glazed Shrimp Kabobs
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. honey
1/4 cup strong brewed coffee or 1/2 tsp. instant coffee dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
1/4 tsp. salt
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup fresh pineapple chunks, cut in 11/2-inch pieces
1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tsp. grated orange zest
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Spray grill lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a small saucepan, combine orange juice concentrate, vanilla, honey, coffee, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Set aside half the glaze and use the other half when grilling.
3. Assemble 4 skewers. Thread skewer through the thickest part of a shrimp, then add tomato, pineapple, and pepper pieces; repeat in sequence to fill each skewer.
4. Place on grill and cook about 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. After 6 minutes, brush with glaze and cook until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, brushing with glaze 2 to 3 more times. Discard leftover cooking glaze.
5. Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with orange zest and drizzle with reserved glaze if desire
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|