Print This Recipe
Zucchini-Wrapped Tilapia with Nectarines and Mint
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
2 ripe nectarines
1 cup chopped fresh mint
2 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
1 tsp. grated lime zest
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 medium zucchini
4 (6 to 8 oz.) tilapia filets
2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped unsalted pistachios (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Slice one nectarine into 8 wedges and set aside. Coarsely chop the second nectarine and add to a blender or food processor. Add mint, ginger, lime zest and juice, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper. Process until thick and smooth. Alternately, place these ingredients in a medium bowl and puree with an immersion blender.
3. With a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons the length and width of each zucchini.
4. Spoon 2 tsp. of the nectarine puree over each piece of fish and spread over surface, then place zucchini ribbons horizontally over each piece of fish, overlapping 1/4 inch, and wrap extra length of zucchini underneath fish.
5. Place each piece of fish in pan. Spoon 1 tsp. of nectarine mixture over top ofzucchini, then top each piece of fish with 2 of the reserved nectarine wedges. Bake until fish is flaky and cooked through, about 35 to 40 minutes.
6. To serve, divide fish among 4 plates. Drizzle remaining sauce over each piece offish and garnish with pistachios if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|