Print This Recipe
Grilled Steak with Grilled Corn Salsa
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 35 minutes
1 1/2 lbs. sirloin steak
4 ears of corn, shucked
1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste, divided
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1 jalapeno chili, seeded and minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp. sugar
1. Bring steak to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
2. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray or lightly oil. Heat grill for direct heat. Arrange corn on one side of grill 4 to 5 inches from medium heat. Grill corn until lightly charred, about 5 minutes, turning often. Transfer to a platter and let stand until cool enough to handle.
3. Sprinkle steak with 1/8 tsp. of the salt and 1/4 tsp. of the black pepper; place on the other side of the grill rack. Grill steak until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium doneness, turning once. Transfer steak to a platter and let stand.
4. While steak cooks, prepare corn salsa. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, scallions, jalapeno, garlic, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, and remaining 1/8 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Cut cooled corn from the cobs and add to tomato mixture, tossing to mix ingredients well.
5. To serve, cut steak against the grain into 1/2-inch slices. Divide among 4 plates and spoon corn salsa alongside steak.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|