Print This Recipe
Cheddar Breadsticks with Two Dipping Sauces
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 (20 oz.) Hannaford Multigrain or Wheat Pizza Dough Ball
11/4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 (2 oz.) pkgs. Nature's Place Organic Basil
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray. Following the Dough Prep instructions (see page 42), stretch dough to cover most of the space on the baking sheet. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over surface, then sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder. Beginning at the short end, roll dough up to resemble a jelly roll.
2. Lightly flour a work surface. Place dough on surface and roll it flat into a rectangle about 6 inches by 12 inches. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over surface and roll gently to press it into surface of dough. Cut rectangle into 12 6-inch lengths and place cheese/side up on baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
3. While breadsticks bake, make the basil sauce. Add basil to a food processor with garlic and salt. Puree until finely chopped, about 30 seconds. Through the feeder tube, add water, olive oil, and lime juice. Taste, adjusting seasoning if necessary. Transfer to a small bowl for dipping. Place tapenade in a separate bowl.
4. To serve, pass breadsticks on a large plate with dipping sauces on the side.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|