Print This Recipe
Pumpkin Cornmeal Cake
Servings: Serves 9
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
13/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
11/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
6 Tbsp. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
confectioners' sugar, whipped cream, and fresh or frozen berries (optional garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-high to beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Beat in eggs. Add pumpkin, buttermilk, and vanilla and beat until blended. With mixer on low speed, add in flour mixture, combining just until blended. Scrape batter into pan.
4. Bake until cake is golden and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature, cutting cake into 9 squares. If desired, top with whipped cream and fresh or frozen berries.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|