Print This Recipe
Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Servings: Serves 16
Cook Time: 75 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
4 to 5 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups mashed)
2 Tbsp. sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 (4-by-8 inch) loaf pans with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Sift gluten-free flour, baking soda, cinnamon,and salt together into a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl whisk together sugar and eggs until light, about 2 minutes. Drizzle in oil while whisking. Stir in bananas, sour cream or yogurt, vanilla, and applesauce and mix until well blended.
4. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips if using. Sprinkle walnuts on the bottom of each pan if using.
5. Divide batter between the 2 prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, about 65 to 80 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|