Print This Recipe
Smoky Green Beans with Pine Nuts
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 lbs. fresh green beans
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
2 tsp. smoked paprika (such as McCormick's), or to taste
1/4 tsp. salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
1. Place pine nuts in a large nonstick skillet. Toast over medium heat until lightly brown, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Watch carefully - the nuts can go from browned to burnt very quickly. Transfer to a plate.
2. Steam beans in a large saucepan. Cook until al dente, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain water and return beans to saucepan.
3. While beans cook, heat oil over medium heat in the skillet used for the pine nuts. Add onion slices; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in smoked paprika; cook until onions are soft, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add to beans; cook over medium heat until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt and pepper.
4. Transfer beans to a serving
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|