Print This Recipe
Servings: Serves 12
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 lb. Medjool dates (about 24 to 28 dates)
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
1 (2.1 oz.) pkg. Nature's Place Fully Cooked Bacon, each slice cut in half widthwise
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Have ready a baking sheet.
2. In a small skillet, cook walnuts over medium heat until toasted, about 5 minutes. Watch carefully so they don't burn. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Cut each date lengthwise, not cutting all the way through. Remove pit. Press a scant 1 tsp. walnuts into each date. Press 1/2 to 1 tsp. cheese crumbles into the date and push date closed. Wrap a piece of bacon around date with ends meeting underneath the date. Secure with a toothpick if needed and place on baking sheet.
4. Bake until bacon is crispy and cheese is melted, about 12 to 15 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|