Print This Recipe
Lime Cheesecake with Pomegranate Sauce
Servings: Serves 10
Cook Time: 65 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
3 limes (cheesecake)
3 cups vanilla wafer cookies (cheesecake)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted (cheesecake)
1 1/4 cups plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, (divided)
3 (8 oz.) pkgs. Neufchatel cheese (1/3 less fat than cream cheese), at room temperature (cheesecake)
pinch of salt (cheesecake)
3 eggs (cheesecake)
1 1/3 cups pure (unsweetened) pomegranate juice (topping)
1/3 cup sugar (topping)
2 Tbsp. cornstarch (topping)
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (topping)
1. Grate 1 Tbsp. zest from the limes into a small bowl. If desired grate extra zest for garnish and reserve. Transfer limes to a bowl and cover them with hot tap water.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with vegetable cooking spray.
3. In a food processor, combine vanilla wafers, butter, 2 Tbsp. of the sugar, and 1 tsp. of the lime zest. Process until evenly blended and mixture resembles wet sand. (Alternately, place cookies in a heavy-duty zip-close plastic bag and crush into fine crumbs using a rolling pin. Transfer to a bowl and mix with butter, sugar, and lime zest.) Firmly press crust into prepared pan and bake for 4 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then refrigerate or freeze while you prepare the filling.
4. Cut limes in half and squeeze juice into a small bowl; there should be about 1/2 cup.
5. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium-high speed to beat Neufchatel cheese and remaining sugar until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl. Add lime juice, remaining 2 tsp. lime zest, and salt. Mix on low to incorporate. Add eggs one at a time, beating until fully incorporated before adding next egg. Beat until smooth.
6. Pour mixture into prepared crust and gently tap on the counter a few times to remove any big air bubbles.
7. Place cheesecake in oven and immediately lower temperature to 300 degrees F. Bake until surface is puffed slightly and not jiggly in the center, about 60 to 65 minutes.
8. Turn off oven and open door slightly. Let cake rest in oven for 45 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours, then refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
9. Prepare the topping. In a medium saucepan, whisk juice, sugar, and cornstarch together. Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. When mixture boils, turn off heat and let cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes, then refrigerate until ready to serve. Sauce will thicken as it chills. Sauce may be made 2 days in advance.
10. To serve, run a knife around edge of cake, then remove sides of springform pan. Cut cheesecake into wedges, drizzle with sauce, and garnish with a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds and reserved lime zest, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|