Print This Recipe
Southwestern Quinoa-Turkey Salad
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1 (15 to 16 oz.) can black beans
1 1/2 cups salsa
1 bunch cilantro
1 1/4 cups chopped, cooked turkey breast
1. Rinse quinoa and drain well. Add to a medium saucepan with water. Over high heat, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove lid, fluff, and let cool 5 minutes.
2. While quinoa cooks, rinse and drain beans. Add to a large bowl. Stir in salsa. Finely chop cilantro leaves (discard thick stems) and add to bowl.
3. Add chopped turkey breast to bean mixture.
4. Add cooked quinoa to bean mixture and stir to distribute. Serve immediately, or chilled.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|