Print This Recipe
Chocolate-Pumpkin Cheesecake Trifle
Servings: Serves 16
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
3 (8 oz. pkgs.) Neufchatel cheese
3 3/4 cups pumpkin puree (not pie filling), divided
1 (15 to 16.5 oz.) pkg. devil's food cake mix
2 (12 oz.) containers light whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
1. Place Neufchatel in a large bowl to soften slightly. Preheat oven to 400 degreesF. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In another large bowl, mix 13/4 cups of the pumpkin puree with cake mix using a wooden spoon. Mixture will be very thick. Transfer batter to prepared pan, spreading it evenly in pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 15 to 18 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, use an electric mixer to beat Neufchatel with remaining 2 cups pumpkin puree until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and 1 cup chocolate chips. Refrigerate until ready to assemble trifle.
4. Allow cake to cool slightly on a wire rack. Once cool enough to handle, cut into small cubes or use a fork to break into coarse crumbles.
5. In a large trifle dish or glass bowl, place half the cake crumbles and top with half the cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake then remaining cream cheese. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips over top. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|