Print This Recipe
Yuletide Mini Beef Kebabs with Sweet-Spicy Glaze
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 60 minutes
1/2 cup Taste of Inspirations Mango Pepper Jelly or Taste of Inspirations Hot Pepper Jelly
1/2 cup Taste of Inspirations Sweet Bourbon Marinade or Taste of Inspirations Teriyaki Marinade
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. Nature's Place Organic Minced Garlic
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
2 1/4 lbs. Taste of Inspirations Beef Loin Strip Steak
2 medium red bell peppers, quartered and cut into 32 (11/2-inch) pieces
1 medium green bell pepper, quartered and cut into 16 (11/2-inch) pieces
1 cup Nature's Place Organic Baby Spinach
1. Place 16 (6-inch) wooden skewers in a bowl of water to soak for at least 10 minutes. Position oven rack about 4 inches from the broiler element and turn on broiler. Line a baking sheet or broiler pan with foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together jelly, marinade, vinegar, garlic, and pepper flakes if using. Pour 1/3 cup of the glaze into a measuring cup and reserve for cooked kebabs.
3. Trim excess fat from steak and cut into 1-inch cubes. You should have 32 pieces.
4. Assemble skewers. Thread each skewer with a piece of red pepper, a cube of beef, green pepper, beef, and red pepper. Place skewers on broiler pan. Brush glaze from bowl all over kebabs. Discard leftover glaze.
5. Broil kebabs for 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare, turning the skewers a few times during cooking to brown all sides of meat. Remove from oven and brush kebabs with reserved glaze.
6. Place a small handful of spinach on each of 8 small plates. Place 2 skewers on top of spinach and serve.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|