Print This Recipe
Carrot-Potato Latkes with Two Toppings
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
1 1/4 lbs. russet potatoes, grated (latkes)
1 lb. Nature's Place Organic Carrots, grated (latkes)
1 medium onion, grated (latkes)
3 eggs, lightly beaten (latkes)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour (latkes)
1/2 tsp. Taste of Inspirations Fleur de Sel salt, or to taste (latkes)
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper (latkes)
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg (latkes)
Nature's Place Organic Canola Oil spray (latkes)
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (Apple-Celery Slaw Topping)
1 tsp. Taste of Inspirations Honey Mustard (Apple-Celery Slaw Topping)
1 1/2 tsp. Taste of Inspirations Crushed Black Pepper Dipping Oil (Apple-Celery Slaw Topping)
1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, shredded (Apple-Celery Slaw Topping)
1 rib celery, finely chopped (Apple-Celery Slaw Topping)
3 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion 3 T bsp. finely chopped red onion
2 Tbsp. finely chopped Nature's Place Organic Italian Parsley (Apple-Celery Slaw Topping)
5 Tbsp. Taste of Inspirations Nonfat Greek Plain Yogurt (Smoked Salmon Topping)
2 oz. smoked salmon, cut into 8 pieces (Smoked Salmon Topping)
2 Tbsp. finely chopped Nature's Place Organic Chives for garnish (optional) (Smoked Salmon Topping)
1. Make latkes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray generously with canola spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine grated potatoes, carrots, and onion. Stir in eggs. Add flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg and blend well.
3. Use a soup spoon to scoop a heaping amount of mixture for each pancake. Place scoops about 1/2 inch apart on prepared baking sheets and press each into a flat pancake shape. There should be 16 latkes.
4. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F. After 15 minutes, remove pans from oven. Spray top of each latke with cooking spray, then turn over; bottoms should be browned. Return pans to oven and bake an additional 12 to 15 minutes, until latkes are brown around edges and on top. Serve warm. (Latkes may be made in advance and refrigerated. Reheat at 300 degrees F until warm, about 10 minutes.)
5. While latkes cook, prepare slaw. In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar and mustard. Whisk in oil. Add apple, celery, and onion and stir until coated with dressing. Chill until serving.
6. To serve, divide latkes between 2 serving plates. On half the latkes, place a spoonful of yogurt and top with a piece of salmon. Sprinkle with chives, if desired.
7. On remaining 8 latkes, place about 2 Tbsp. slaw, leaving liquid behind in bowl. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|