Print This Recipe
Roasted Garlic Socca
Servings: Serves 6
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 whole garlic bulb
3 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 cup garbanzo flour
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried, or to taste
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 cup lukewarm water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove excess papery covering from garlic bulb and slice off about 1/4-inch of the top so that most of the cloves are exposed. Place garlic on a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tsp. of the olive oil. Wrap tightly with the paper or foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove garlic from oven and set aside to cool. Place a 10-inch oven-safe skillet, pizza pan, or pie pan in oven.
2. While garlic bakes, sift garbanzo flour into a large bowl. Stir in rosemary, salt, and pepper. Whisk in water and 3 Tbsp. of the olive oil. Let mixture rest 30 minutes.
3. Once cool enough to handle, squeeze roasted garlic pulp into a small bowl and mash with a fork. Stir mashed roasted garlic into flour mixture.
4. Carefully remove warmed skillet or pan from oven, coat with remaining 1 tsp. olive oil and pour in batter. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are set and batter is almost cooked through. Broil until top of bread is pale gold, about 2 minutes.
5. Cut into wedges and serve hot.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2013
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|