Print This Recipe
Gingerbread with Caramelized Pears
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
14.5 oz. (1 box) Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake and Cookie Mix (Cake)
3/4 cup chunky applesauce (Cake)
1/2 cup warm water (Cake)
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted (Cake)
1 egg (Cake)
2/3 cup whipped cream topping (Cake)
1/4 cup unsalted butter (Caramelized Pears)
6 ripe pears, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices (Caramelized Pears)
3/4 cup sugar (Caramelized Pears)
1. Heat oven to 350degreesF. In medium bowl, mix gingerbread mix, applesauce, water, butter and egg with spoon until well blended. Spoon into ungreased 8- or 9-inchsquare glass baking dish.
2. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly.
3. For the pears: Heat the butter in a large heavy skillet until sizzling. Add the pears and toss to coat.
4. Sprinkle with the sugar and stir.
5. Cook for 10 minutes until the pears are caramelized and tender, stirring gently. Remove and let stand until room temperature.
6. Slice the cake and top each piece with the caramelized pears and whipped cream.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|