Print This Recipe
Chicken With Serrano Chili Mango Salsa
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
1 ripe mango, diced
1 ripe avocado, diced
1 red bell pepper, finely diced
1/2 cup finely diced red onion
1 serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
2 tsp. grated orange zest
2 Tbsp. orange juice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup quinoa
1 tsp. dried thyme
2 cups water
1 Tbsp. canola oil
4 (6 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
1. Prepare the salsa. In a medium bowl, toss together mango, avocado, bell pepper, onion, serrano, mint, orange zest and juice, and salt in a bowl. (May be prepared a day in advance, stored in an airtight container in the fridge.) Set aside to let the flavors develop as you prepare the quinoa and chicken.
2. Place quinoa in a medium saucepan and toast over medium heat until fragrant and beginning to pop, about 4 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent burning. Add thyme and water; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, until quinoa is tender and water has absorbed, about 13 to 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning once halfway, until no longer pink inside and an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and slice thinly across the grain.
4. To serve, divide quinoa among 4 plates. Top with chicken slices, salsa, and mint sprigs if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2014
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|