Print This Recipe
Baked Sauerkraut Hamburg
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 17 minutes
1 lb. 85% lean ground beef
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. mustard (prepared)
1 Tbsp. chopped pimentos
1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1/4 tsp. caraway seeds
1/4 cup dill relish
1/4 cup crushed corn flakes
1 (8 oz.) can sauerkraut, drained
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
mashed potatoes (optional accompaniment)
flour tortillas and salsa (optional accompaniment)
toasted light or dark rye bread (optional accompaniment)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, onion powder, mustard, pimentos, mayonnaise, caraway seeds, and relish. Mix well by squishing through your fingers.
3. Add corn flakes, sauerkraut, and mozzarella, and use your hands to thoroughly combine.
4. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Bake until meat is cooked through and mixture is slightly set, about 50 minutes. Serve hot plain or with mashed potatoes, flour tortillas and salsa, or toasted rye bread.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2014
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|