Print This Recipe
Hoisin Tuna with Asian Slaw
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Prep Time: 22 minutes
3 Tbsp. canola oil, divided
4 (6 to 7 oz.) tuna steaks
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp. sake cooking wine
1 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. jarred minced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
1 (16 oz.) bag prepared coleslaw mix
1/2 cup prepared matchstick cut carrots
1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat grill. Rub 1 Tbsp. of the canola oil over the tuna steaks. Set aside. In a small bowl, whisk hoisin, sake, soy sauce, and brown sugar together until brown sugar dissolves.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 Tbsp. canola oil, vinegar, ginger, sugar, and salt. Add coleslaw mix and carrots and toss well.
3. Grease grill with vegetable oil or cooking spray and place tuna onto the hot grill. Grill tuna until well marked, about 6 minutes for medium-rare. Turn and brush with hoisin glaze and finish cooking, about 2 minutes for medium doneness. Remove from grill and brush with any remaining sauce.
4. While tuna grills, thinly slice scallion. Divide slaw among 4 plates. When tuna is ready, place next to the slaw. Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced scallion and serve.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2014
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories from Fat||n/a|