Print This Recipe
Cajun Swordfish Bites
Servings: Serves 6
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 Tbsp. Hannaford Inspirations Cajun Rub
1 lb. Swordfish steak, 1-inch thick, skin removed, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
3 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. honey
1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
2 scallions, green part only, finely sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Place Cajun Rub in a large bowl. Add swordfish pieces and toss well to coat with seasonings.
3. In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, black pepper, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and honey and whisk until smooth.
4. Pour butter mixture over swordfish pieces and stir well to combine. (Butter in sauce may solidify if swordfish is very cold; this is OK).
5. Transfer entire mixture to prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer, making sure swordfish pieces are not touching each other.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until swordfish is cooked through. The flesh should be firm and opaque throughout. Use a spatula to toss swordfish with sauce on baking sheet.
7. To serve, pile sauced swordfish into center of a small platter. Arrange lemon wedges around edges and scatter sliced scallions over swordfish bites. Place toothpicks in some of the pieces of swordfish, and set additional toothpicks on the side. Serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2007
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||160 kcal (8%)|
|Calories from Fat||81 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||9 g (13%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (22%)|
|Cholesterol||45 mg (15%)|
|Sodium||260 mg (10%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||5 g (1%)|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g (0%)|
|Protein||15 g (25%)|