Print This Recipe
Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Wraps
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
8 each Fresh medium asparagus spears
3 tablespoon Water
4 oz Sliced smoked salmon, package
1/3 cup garlic-herb cream cheese
1. Cut off the bottom quarter of each asparagus stalk and discard. Cut stalks into even thirds at a diagonal. Place asparagus in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate. Add water, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Place cooked asparagus into a strainer and run cold water over it to stop cooking. Wrap cooled asparagus in paper towels.
2. While asparagus is cooking, cut each slice of salmon into thick strips; there should be a total of 24 strips. Transfer cream cheese to a resealable plastic bag and seal bag. Snip off a 1/4-inch tip from one of the bag's bottom corners.
3. Place a long sheet of foil or parchment paper on a flat surface. Lay out strips of smoked salmon on foil. Squeeze a line of cream cheese from end to end down the middle of each strip. Press one piece of asparagus at one end of each salmon strip, on top of cream cheese.
4. Lift salmon up around asparagus and roll until asparagus is wrapped. Press into place or secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all rolls are completed, then transfer rolls to a plate or bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use; rolls may be prepared several hours in advance or served immediately. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, September - October 2007
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||96 kcal (4%)|
|Calories from Fat||72 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||8 g (12%)|
|Saturated Fat||5 g (25%)|
|Cholesterol||18 mg (6%)|
|Sodium||488 mg (20%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||3 g (1%)|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g (4%)|
|Protein||11 g (18%)|
|Vitamin A||335 IU (6%)|
|Vitamin C||2 mg (3%)|
|Calcium||121 mg (2%)|
|Iron||3 mg (5%)|