Print This Recipe
Middle Eastern Lamb Kabobs
Servings: Serves 14
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Prep Time: 120 minutes
Middle Eastern Lamb Kebabs
1/3 cup Soy sauce
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup Hannaford Inspirations Lemon Rosemary Dipping Oil
2 tablespoon Chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
1 tablespoon Ground cumin
13 oz Hannaford Inspirations Yogurt Cucumber and Fresh Dill Dip
3 lb Boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of excess fat
1. In a large nonreactive bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, dipping oil, rosemary, pepper, and cumin.
2. Cut trimmed lamb into 1-inch cubes and add to marinade, making sure marinade coats lamb pieces completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or, preferably, overnight.
3. Remove lamb from refrigerator and preheat broiler or grill. Place 3 pieces of lamb on small metal or presoaked wooden skewers, with a tomato on each side of the center piece of lamb. Lamb and tomatoes should be placed toward one end of skewer, allowing the other end to be a handle for serving. There should be enough lamb and tomatoes to make about 14 to 18 skewers.
4. Place skewers on a baking sheet and broil, or grill on medium-high direct heat, for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until lamb is cooked through. Medium-rare meat is best; lamb should still be slightly pink inside. Serve hot with dipping sauce on the side.
Note: You will need metal or bamboo skewers. If using bamboo skewers, be sure to soak them in cold water for about 30 minutes before placing the lamb on them or they will burn.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2007
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||313 kcal (15%)|
|Calories from Fat||261 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||29 g (44%)|
|Saturated Fat||16 g (80%)|
|Cholesterol||67 mg (22%)|
|Sodium||478 mg (19%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||7 g (2%)|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g (16%)|
|Protein||24 g (40%)|
|Vitamin A||29 IU (0%)|
|Vitamin C||4 mg (6%)|
|Calcium||73 mg (1%)|
|Iron||9 mg (15%)|