Print This Recipe
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 150 minutes
Prep Time: 140 minutes
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
3/4 cup Canned chicken broth, fat free, reduced sodium
3/4 cup Dried cranberries
1/2 cup Apricot preserves
3 lb Turkey breast, bone-in split
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2. Mix together salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Rinse turkey with cool water and pat it dry with paper towels. Rub salt mixture over skin side of turkey. Put a meat thermometer in thickest part of breast, making sure not to touch the bone. Place turkey in a roasting pan and roast at 325 degrees F for 90 minutes, until temperature reaches 180 degrees F or pop-up timer has popped.
3. If, after 90 minutes, turkey has not reached 180 degrees F, continue to roast and check at 10-minute intervals. When turkey is done, cover it with foil and let it rest for 15 minutes.
4. While turkey is resting, prepare sauce. In a medium saucepan, whisk cornstarch with chicken broth until dissolved. Add cranberries and apricot preserves. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. When sauce thickens, reduce heat to low to keep sauce warm.
5. To serve, slice turkey and place on a platter. Drizzle some of the sauce over the meat and serve remaining sauce on the side.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2007
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||101 kcal (5%)|
|Calories from Fat||54 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||6 g (9%)|
|Saturated Fat||6 g (30%)|
|Cholesterol||1 mg (0%)|
|Sodium||883 mg (36%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||25 g (8%)|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g (24%)|
|Protein||8 g (13%)|
|Vitamin A||3 IU (0%)|
|Vitamin C||4 mg (6%)|
|Calcium||13 mg (0%)|
|Iron||7 mg (11%)|