Print This Recipe
Super Macho Nachos
Servings: Serves 8
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Super Macho Nachos
1/4 cup Finely chopped onion
1/2 lb Ground beef, 90% lean
1/2 lb Ground pork, 90% lean
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
1 teaspoon Chili powder
1/2 cup Canned pickled jalapenos, drained
8 oz Processed cheese spread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
13 oz Restaurant style tortilla chips
3 cup Shredded cheese Mexican blend
21/4 oz Black olives, sliced and drained
6 each Medium scallions, washed and thinly sliced
1 each Fresh avocado, chopped
16 oz Sour Cream
16 oz Hannaford Inspirations Country Tomato Salsa
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Grease a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, beef, pork, black pepper, and chili powder. Cook and stir, breaking up meatuntil its cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Add jalapeqos and cheese. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
4. Add half the chips to prepared dish. Top with half the meat mixture, 1 cup of the grated cheese, and half the olives. Add remaining chips, piling them in middle of dish. Top with remaining meat, cheese, and olives.
5. Bake nachos for 10 minutes. Top cheese will brown slightly.
6. Garnish nachos with scallions and avocado. Serve immediately with sour cream and salsa on the side.
Do-Ahead Tip: You can prepare the meat mixture, without the cheese, up to two days in advance. Cover and refrigerate. Heat through on low heat before assembling nachos.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2008
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||470 kcal (23%)|
|Calories from Fat||423 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||47 g (72%)|
|Saturated Fat||31 g (155%)|
|Cholesterol||105 mg (35%)|
|Sodium||1318 mg (54%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||21 g (7%)|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g (40%)|
|Protein||28 g (46%)|
|Vitamin A||1825 IU (36%)|
|Vitamin C||16 mg (26%)|
|Calcium||595 mg (11%)|
|Iron||11 mg (18%)|