Print This Recipe
Dijon Wine Steak Kabobs with Mushroom Wild Rice
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 lb beef sirloin, raw (steak)
2 tablespoon Water
2 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard, coarse grain
2 each Cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoon Vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
1/2 each Large red onion, cut into thin wedges
1 each Summer squash, sliced 1 inch
1 each Small green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1. Cut beef steak into 1 <-inch pieces. Combine water, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic cloves, 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and black pepper and marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
2. Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes, drain. Remove beef from marinade and discard marinade.
3. Alternately thread beef, onions, squash, and bell peppers evenly onto skewers. Place kabobs on grill over medium coals. Grill, uncovered 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
4. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in skillet until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Remove and keep warm. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. When done, stir in mushrooms.
5. Serve kabobs over mushroom wild rice.
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||68 kcal (3%)|
|Calories from Fat||90 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||10 g (15%)|
|Saturated Fat||7 g (35%)|
|Cholesterol||2 mg (0%)|
|Sodium||9 mg (0%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||10 g (3%)|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g (24%)|
|Protein||7 g (11%)|
|Vitamin A||235 IU (4%)|
|Vitamin C||35 mg (58%)|
|Calcium||36 mg (0%)|
|Iron||7 mg (11%)|