Print This Recipe
Red Curry Shrimp
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Red Curry Shrimp
1 cup Rice, jasmine, dry
12/3 cup Water
2 tablespoon Vegetable oil
21/2 teaspoon Minced garlic
1 teaspoon Minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
1/3 cup Frozen onions, chopped
14 oz Coconut milk, low-fat
2 teaspoon Sugar
2 tablespoon Fish sauce
8 oz Bamboo Shoots, rinsed, drained and shredded
7 oz Hannaford Inspirations Baby Spinach
1 lb Medium shrimp, peeled, tails removed, thawed if frozen
2 tablespoon Chives, fresh, finely sliced
This easy dish combines shrimp, baby spinach, and bamboo shoots in red curry sauce.
Note: If using frozen shrimp, you can let it thaw during the day in the fridge. Or you can quick thaw by rinsing frozen shrimp for a few minutes in cool water.
1. Add rice to a medium saucepan, rinse, and drain, keeping rice in pan. Add water and bring to a simmer over high heat. Stir well. Cover and reduce heat to mediumlow. Cook for exactly 10 minutes, then remove from heat, but do not remove lid. Set aside.
2. While rice is cooking, start curry. In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, curry paste, and onion. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk, sugar, and fish sauce. Whisk until smooth and blended. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add bamboo shoots. Slowly stir in spinach until all of it has wilted into the curry. Add shrimp. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
4. Remove lid from rice pot and fluff rice with a fork. Divide rice among four plates and top each serving with an equal amount of curry. Garnish with chives, if using.
Note: Red curry paste can be found in the Asian section.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2008
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||626 kcal (31%)|
|Calories from Fat||387 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||43 g (66%)|
|Saturated Fat||35 g (175%)|
|Cholesterol||177 mg (59%)|
|Sodium||4411 mg (183%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||57 g (19%)|
|Dietary Fiber||10 g (40%)|
|Protein||39 g (65%)|
|Vitamin A||4406 IU (88%)|
|Vitamin C||16 mg (26%)|
|Calcium||165 mg (3%)|
|Iron||16 mg (26%)|