Print This Recipe
Roasted Salmon with Brown-Sugar Glaze
Servings: Serves 6
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 tablespoon Light brown sugar
2 tablespoon Hannaford Inspirations Maine Maple Mustard
1 teaspoon Grated fresh ginger
2 lb Salmon fillet
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
Roasting the salmon in a foil packet seals in moisture and flavor. Exposing the opened packet to a high temperature finishes off the cooking and helps caramelize the glaze. Recipe may be halved.
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir until mixture is well combined and the consistency of wet sand. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and ginger.
3. Season skinless side of salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon fillet skin side down on a sheet of foil large enough to fold over and cover fish. Rub brown sugar sauce over top of fish. Fold foil over to encase salmon in a tightly sealed packet.
4. Transfer packet to a metal baking sheet and place on a rack set in upper third of oven.
5. Cook salmon for 15 minutes, then open packet and cook, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily when pierced with a fork and glaze is beginning to caramelize.
6. Use a spatula to separate cooked salmon from layer of skin on bottom and serve immediately.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2008
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||284 kcal (14%)|
|Calories from Fat||162 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||18 g (27%)|
|Saturated Fat||8 g (40%)|
|Cholesterol||100 mg (33%)|
|Sodium||174 mg (7%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||7 g (2%)|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g (12%)|
|Protein||38 g (63%)|
|Vitamin A||352 IU (7%)|
|Vitamin C||2 mg (3%)|
|Calcium||17 mg (0%)|
|Iron||7 mg (11%)|