Print This Recipe
Mustard-Crusted Chicken Wings
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
7 oz jar Hannaford Inspirations Smoky BBQ Mustard
2 tablespoon Olive oil
1/3 cup Low fat plain yogurt
1 each Garlic clove, minced
2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
20 each Chicken, wings, drummettes, raw
2 cup Panko bread crumbs
16 oz Celery, strips, 4" long, fresh
3/4 cup Lowfat ranch dressing
These spicy wings are a great party starter. For extra heat, add more cayenne. Serves 6 to 8 as an appetizer, or 4 for dinner. As an entree, serve with baked potatoes and steamed spinach. May be frozen.
Note: Drummettes, also known as party wings, are chicken wings with the tips cut and are already split through the joint.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, blend mustard with olive oil, yogurt, garlic, and cayenne.
3. Place chicken wings in a shallow bowl and pour mustard mixture over them,making sure to coat thoroughly. Marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Remove wings from marinade, shaking off extra. Coat with bread crumbs and place on baking sheet.
5. Bake at 15 minutes. Turn all pieces with tongs and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until wings are golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and serve at once, alongside celery sticks and ranch dressing, if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2009
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||847 kcal (42%)|
|Calories from Fat||504 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||56 g (86%)|
|Saturated Fat||18 g (90%)|
|Cholesterol||192 mg (64%)|
|Sodium||637 mg (26%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||47 g (15%)|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g (32%)|
|Protein||60 g (100%)|
|Vitamin A||977 IU (19%)|
|Vitamin C||8 mg (13%)|
|Calcium||195 mg (3%)|
|Iron||13 mg (21%)|