Print This Recipe
Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Servings: Serves 40
Cook Time: 33 minutes
Prep Time: 40 minutes
There are interval resting times between each layer.
1 cup White chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup natural Peanut Butter, divided
1 cup baking chocolate
6 oz Dark chocolate, chopped
1. Line an 8-by-8- or 9-by-9-inch pan with foil and spray with vegetable spray. Prepare white chocolate layer. Melt chocolate using a double boiler, or a metal bowl or saucepan that will rest on top of a bottom saucepan. Fill bottom pan halfway with water. Place white chocolate in top pan. Heat water over medium-lowheat. If water begins to simmer, lower heat so that water is barely steaming. Gently stir chocolate after about 1 minute. Chocolate should melt slowly ? it should feel barely warm to the touch. Stir every minute or so, until three-quarters of the chocolate is melted, about 6 to 10 minutes. Remove top pan from heat and stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth.
2. Immediately stir in 7 Tablespoons of peanut butter until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and let set for 30 minutes at room temperature. Then refrigerate until firm for another 30 minutes.
3. Prepare milk chocolate layer using the same method, mixing in 7 tablespoons of peanut butter as soon as milk chocolate has melted. Remove pan from fridge and pour milk chocolate layer on top. Let set at room temperature for 20 minutes, then return to fridge until firm, about 30 minutes.
4. Prepare dark chocolate layer using the same method, mixing in 7 tablespoons of peanut butter as soon as dark chocolate has melted. Remove pan from fridge and pour dark chocolate layer on top of milk chocolate. Let set at room temperature for 20 minutes, then refrigerate for 1 hour, until top layer is firm when pressed with the back of a spoon.
5. Remove pan from fridge and lift foil out of pan. Turn upside down onto a cuttingboard and peel away foil. Let rest at room temperature for 2 to 3 minutes, then trim edges so sides are smooth. Cut 9 slices, both vertically and horizontally, yielding about 81 squares. Store, refrigerated, in an airtight container. Serve slightly chilled.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, January - February 2009
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||74 kcal (3%)|
|Calories from Fat||72 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||8 g (12%)|
|Saturated Fat||3 g (15%)|
|Cholesterol||1 mg (0%)|
|Sodium||44 mg (1%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||6 g (2%)|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g (12%)|
|Protein||5 g (8%)|
|Vitamin A||2 IU (0%)|
|Vitamin C||1 mg (1%)|
|Calcium||14 mg (0%)|
|Iron||3 mg (5%)|