Print This Recipe
Mocha Bread Pudding
Servings: Serves 12 Serves
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 50 minutes
3 whole brownies, prepared
1 cup Coffee, Kahlua cafe, inst pwd
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
12 oz Evaporated milk
1 cup Milk, cond, swtnd, fat free, cnd
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
13 slices whole wheat bread
3 each Egg
1/4 cup Chocolate baking chips, semi sweet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the chocolate topping with coffee or liqueur. Whisk in sugar and cocoa. Heat over low heat. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk, making sure mixture is smooth and chocolate is well blended with the milk. Raise heat to medium and heat until steaming, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in chilled skim milk and vanilla.
3. Trim crusts from 13 slices of bread, then cut into 3/4 inch cubes. There should be 8 cups of bread cubes. If needed, cut up an additional slice. Place bread cubes in prepared pan.
4. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup of the warm chocolate mixture. Keep adding chocolate mixture, 1.4 cup at a time, until half is mixed in with the eggs, then whisk in the rest.
5. Pour chocolate-egg mixture over bread cubes in pan. Stir gently, making sure all the bread cubes are covered with mixture, and let rest 5 minutes. (Recipe may be prepared up to this point 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before putting in oven).
6. When ready to bake, sprinkle chocolate chips over the surface. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the surface is just set. If desired, sift confectioner's sugar lightly over the top. Serve warm, with a scoop of coffee frozen yogurt and a drizzle of warmed Inspirations Decadent Chocolate Topping, if desired.
Source: Hannaford Fresh Magazine, September - October 2009
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Serves 12 Serves|
|Calories||201 kcal (10%)|
|Calories from Fat||117 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||13 g (20%)|
|Saturated Fat||9 g (45%)|
|Cholesterol||72 mg (24%)|
|Sodium||90 mg (3%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||35 g (11%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||12 g (20%)|
|Vitamin A||256 IU (5%)|
|Vitamin C||2 mg (3%)|
|Calcium||171 mg (3%)|
|Iron||8 mg (13%)|