Print This Recipe
Beef Spring Rolls with Carrots and Cilantro
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
1 lb beef boneless top sirloin steak, cut 3/4 to 1-inch thick or flank steak
1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons prepared stir-fry sauce and marinade, divided
1 pkg rice paper wrappers (8 to 9-inch diameter)
1 cup shredded carrot
1 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro
1. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick strips.Combine 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce and beef in medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining beef.
3. Fill large bowl with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper wrapper into water for a few seconds or just until moistened. Rice paper will still be firm but will continue to soften during assembly. Place on work surface.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup beef, 2 tablespoons carrots and 2 tablespoons cilantro evenly in a row across center of wrapper, leaving 1-inch border on right and left sides; drizzle with about 1 teaspoon reserved stir-fry sauce. Fold right and left sides of wrapper over filling. Fold bottom edge up over filling and roll up tightly. Repeat with remaining wrappers andfilling ingredients. Cut each spring roll diagonally in half. Serve with additional stir-frysauce, if desired.
Cook's Tip: Eight large lettuce leaves may be substituted for rice paper wrappers.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||327 kcal (16%)|
|Calories from Fat||189 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||21 g (32%)|
|Saturated Fat||10 g (50%)|
|Cholesterol||95 mg (31%)|
|Sodium||915 mg (38%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||9 g (3%)|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g (12%)|
|Protein||35 g (58%)|
|Vitamin A||5616 IU (112%)|
|Vitamin C||4 mg (6%)|
|Calcium||41 mg (0%)|
|Iron||6 mg (10%)|