Print This Recipe
Beef Tamale Pie
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
1 lb 80% lean ground beef
1 package (8 oz) mexican cheese blend
3 cup corn chips
1/2 cup chunky-style mild salsa, drained
1. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings. Add cheese;cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
2. Meanwhile place 2 cups corn chips in 9-inch pie plate. Crush chips slightly to lay flat on bottom of pie plate.
3. Spoon beef mixture over crushed corn chips; press gently with back of spoon to form even layer. Top with remaining 1 cup corn chips and 1/2 cup salsa. Serve immediately.
4. To serve, cut pie into and carefully remove with pie server. Top with additional salsa, as desired.
Cook's Tip: Eight ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend may be substituted for tacoseasoned cheese.
Cook's Tip: Prepared thick-and-chunky salsa may be substituted for refrigerated salsa.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||23 kcal (1%)|
|Calories from Fat||18 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||2 g (3%)|
|Saturated Fat||2 g (10%)|
|Cholesterol||0 mg (0%)|
|Sodium||212 mg (8%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||5 g (1%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||2 g (3%)|
|Vitamin A||95 IU (1%)|
|Vitamin C||1 mg (1%)|
|Calcium||14 mg (0%)|
|Iron||2 mg (3%)|