Print This Recipe
Cajun Beef Pepper Steak
Servings: Makes 4
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 lb beef boneless top sirloin, cut 3/4 inch thick
2 teaspoons Creole or cajun spice
2 wholegreen peppers, cut into quarters
2 teaspoon vegetable oil
8 oz Cajun or Creole short grain rice mix with seasonings
1. Press 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning blend evenly onto beef steak. Toss bell peppers with oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend.
2. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange bell peppers around steak. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness and peppers are tender, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile prepare rice blend according to package directions, omitting oil or margarine.
4. Carve steak into slices. Serve with peppers and rice.
Cook's Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||325 kcal (16%)|
|Calories from Fat||207 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||23 g (35%)|
|Saturated Fat||11 g (55%)|
|Cholesterol||95 mg (31%)|
|Sodium||78 mg (3%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||3 g (1%)|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g (8%)|
|Protein||33 g (55%)|
|Vitamin A||523 IU (10%)|
|Vitamin C||31 mg (51%)|
|Calcium||29 mg (0%)|
|Iron||5 mg (8%)|