Print This Recipe
Grilled Eye Round Steaks with Wasabi-Yogurt Cream
Servings: Makes 4
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
4 beef eye round steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 4 ounces each)
1 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt, divided
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
1/2 to 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
1. Combine 1/2 cup yogurt, ginger and garlic in small bowl. Place beef steaks and yogurt mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile line a strainer with paper towels; set over small bowl. Place remaining 1 cup yogurt in strainer. Cover; let drain in refrigerator 30 minutes or as long as overnight to thicken.
3. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ashcoveredcoals. Grill, uncovered, 15 to 19 minutes for medium rare doneness, turningoccasionally. (Do not overcook.)
4. Meanwhile combine thickened yogurt and wasabi paste. Set aside.
5. Carve steaks into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with wasabiyogurt mixture.
Cook's Tip: Two tablespoons prepared horseradish may be substituted for wasabi paste.
Cook's Tip: To prepare on gas grill, preheat grill according to manufacturer's directions for medium heat. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, and a good source of iron.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||1090 kcal (54%)|
|Calories from Fat||486 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||54 g (83%)|
|Saturated Fat||21 g (105%)|
|Cholesterol||547 mg (182%)|
|Sodium||249 mg (10%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||10 g (3%)|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g (12%)|
|Protein||146 g (243%)|
|Vitamin A||49 IU (0%)|
|Vitamin C||4 mg (6%)|
|Calcium||206 mg (4%)|
|Iron||16 mg (26%)|