Print This Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Blue Cheese Dressing
Servings: Serves 4
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Prep Time: 16 minutes
1/4 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
1/4 tsp. teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 lbs. ground chicken
5 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Texas Pete's or Hannaford brand), divided, plus additional for serving
1/2 teaspoon celery salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 whole whole wheat bulkie bun
4 leaf Fresh large iceberg lettuce leaf
1/2 cup Celery stalk, diced
1. Preheat grill to medium high.
2. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, blue cheese, and Worcestershire sauce until evenly blended. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken, 1/4 cup of the hot sauce, celery salt (if using), poultry seasoning, paprika, and cayenne. Mix until evenly blended. Form into 4 patties, about 4 inches in diameter and 3/4-inch thick.
4. Brush hot grill with vegetable oil. Place burgers on grill and cook undisturbed for 6 to 7 minutes until well marked. Spray the tops of the burgers with cooking spray and flip. Cook for an additional 5 to 6 minutes until cooked through. Brush the tops of the burgers with the remaining 1 Tbsp. hot sauce.
5. Assemble burgers: Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom of each roll, top with a burger patty, 2 Tbsp. of dressing, 2 Tbsp. celery, and then the top half of the roll. Serve immediately, with additional hot sauce on the side.
Source: fresh Magazine May, June 2010
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Calories||500 kcal (25%)|
|Calories from Fat||180 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||20 g (30%)|
|Saturated Fat||6 g (30%)|
|Cholesterol||155 mg (51%)|
|Sodium||1190 mg (49%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||41 g (13%)|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g (24%)|
|Protein||43 g (71%)|