Print This Recipe
Lemon-Garlic Roast with Herbed Oregano-Horseradish Sauce
Servings: Serves 12 to 16
Cook Time: 105 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1 whole beef top loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
2 tablespoon grated lemon peel (Seasoning Ingredient)
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper (Seasoning Ingredient)
3 whole garlic clove (Seasoning Ingredient)
1 cup regular or reduced-fat dairy sour cream (Sauce Ingredient)
1/4 cupprepared horseradish (Sauce Ingredient)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (Sauce Ingredient)
2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano or chives (Sauce Ingredient)
1/4 teaspoon salt (Sauce Ingredient)
1. Preheat oven to 325degreesF. Combine Seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325degreesF oven 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours for medium rare; 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours for medium doneness.
3. Meanwhile, combine Sauce ingredients in medium bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135degreesF for medium rare; 150degreesF for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10degreesF to reach 145degreesF for medium rare; 160degreesF for medium.)
5. Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with sauce.
Cook's Tip: One-half teaspoon dried oregano leaves may be substituted for fresh oregano.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Serves 12 to 16|
|Calories||59 kcal (2%)|
|Calories from Fat||81 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||9 g (13%)|
|Saturated Fat||6 g (30%)|
|Cholesterol||15 mg (5%)|
|Sodium||62 mg (2%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||5 g (1%)|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g (16%)|
|Protein||8 g (13%)|
|Vitamin A||98 IU (1%)|
|Vitamin C||6 mg (10%)|
|Calcium||28 mg (0%)|
|Iron||7 mg (11%)|