Print This Recipe
South Pacific Chuck Eye Steak
Servings: Makes 4 servings
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
4 lb beef eye round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 5 to 6 ounces lb)
1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks packed in juice
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 whole red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 whole onion, cut into 8 wedges
1/3 cup apricot preserves
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Soak four 12-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes; drain.
2. Meanwhile drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Combine pineapple juice and hoisin sauce in small bowl. Place steaks in food-safe plastic bag. Pour 1/4 cup hoisin-pineapple mixture over steaks; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours.
3. Alternately thread pineapple chunks, bell pepper pieces and onion wedges onto skewers. Place in glass dish; brush 1/4 cup hoisin-pineapple mixture on kabobs. Cover and marinate in refrigerator up to 2 hours.
4. Remove steaks and skewers from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks and kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 9 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 12 minutes) until steaks are medium rare to medium doneness and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
5. Meanwhile combine remaining hoisin-pineapple mixture, apricot preserves and lemon juice in small saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until hot. Serve steaks with kabobs and sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Photo and Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Servings||Makes 4 servings|
|Calories||913 kcal (45%)|
|Calories from Fat||324 kcal (0%)|
|Total Fat||36 g (55%)|
|Saturated Fat||18 g (90%)|
|Cholesterol||317 mg (105%)|
|Sodium||183 mg (7%)|
|Total Carbohydrates||30 g (10%)|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g (28%)|
|Protein||138 g (230%)|
|Vitamin A||633 IU (12%)|
|Vitamin C||40 mg (66%)|
|Calcium||62 mg (1%)|
|Iron||18 mg (30%)|