Corporate, Retail and Distribution Internships
If you’re looking for a team environment that rewards individuality, innovation, and strong business results, start with an internship experience with Hannaford, and begin a career without limits. Our paid summer interns learn about food retailing, logistics, and business from a market leader. Hannaford is team oriented, fast-moving, and fun. We’re part of a global retail group with more than 1,500 U.S. stores and 2,600 stores worldwide. Internships last approximately 12 weeks, usually form June – August, but flexible schedules can be arranged.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- Strong academic performance, minimum GPA 3.0 preferred
- Clear and effective communicator. Solid interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Assertiveness and strong initiative
Interns at corporate enhance their knowledge of the disciplines that drive our enterprise.
Schodack, New York; Winthrop, Maine; or South Portland, Maine
Interns at our distribution operation work on challenging projects and gain exposure to our industry-leading supply chain practices.
Stores are located throughout the northeastern United States Interns work on special projects and learn all aspects of successful food retailing.
Retail Management Training Program
Grow with the Retail Management Training program. You’ll think on your feet, help manage a multi-million dollar retail business and come away with mentoring relationships and business skills to propel your career. The RMT program is designed to identify future company leaders who are able to understand our core business. The one-year program provides future leaders with experiences that will help them understand our business from the ground up, as well as develop leadership skills necessary to drive our business. As an RMT, you will:
- Develop your leadership skills as you recruit, coach, evaluate and develop your team
- Assist in managing a multimillion dollar business
- Learn to think on your feet and make daily business decisions
- Receive mentor support from senior managers and executives as you grow your career
- Be a part of an international multibillion dollar company
Graduates begin their career in retail management, and progress into other leadership positions. Bi-monthly peer learning groups and assigned mentors complement the training.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive starting salary plus annual company performance bonus
- Full benefits including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance are available, together with a 401K with competitive employer match, and tuition reimbursement.
- Location choices include Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Vermont, or New York
- Bachelors degree, minimum GPA 3.0 preferred
- Demonstrated leadership qualities such as assertiveness and willingness to take calculated risks
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and strive for results
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, and financial analysis
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations, with solid interpersonal skills
- Team-oriented thinking, with the ability to balance tactical execution with strategic vision
- Willingness to adapt to a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and shifting demands