1. Prepare the Basic Deviled Eggs. Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Make sure the pan is big enough so the eggs aren't pressed against each other; use two pans if necessary. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit 1 minute.
2. Drain the hot water and refill the pot with cold water. Let sit for 1 minute, then pour off the cold water and crack the eggs by swirling the pot so the eggs bump against each other and the sides of the pan. Fill the pot with cold water again and let sit another minute. The cold water helps to pull the shells away fromthe cooked eggs and makes them easier to peel.
3. Drain and peel. Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise and pop out the cooked yolks into a medium bowl. Place white halves on a serving platter. Using a fork, mash the yolks until somewhat smooth. Add mayo, salt, and pepper and mix until blended. Divide mixture among 3 bowls to prepare the variations.
4. For Hot Bacon, cook the bacon in a large skillet over moderate heat until crisp on both sides, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Chop and add half the chopped bacon and the hot sauce to a bowl with a third of the yolk mixture and mix well. Scoop bacon-yolk mixture into 8 egg white halves, mounding it with your hands or a spoon. Sprinkle the tops of the eggs with the remaining bacon.
5. For Tomato-Basil, stir tomatoes and minced basil into a bowl with a third of the yolk mixture and mix well to distribute. Scoop tomato-yolk mixture into 8 of the egg white halves, mounding it with your hands or a spoon. Drizzle the tops of the eggs with balsamic vinegar and top with basil leaves.
6. For Curried-Honey, add curry powder, turmeric, and honey to remaining third ofthe yolk mixture. Scoop curry mixture into remaining 8 egg white halves, mounding it with your hands or a spoon. Sprinkle the tops with curry powder.
7. Serve immediately, or store refrigerated in a single layer; let come to room temperature before serving.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, March - April 2013