1. Preheat oven to 425F. Spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray. Fill a large pot with water and put it on the stove to boil over high heat.
2. Place chicken and onion in a second large pot and cover with water. Sprinkle in 1 tsp. salt. Cover pot and bring to a simmer over high heat; be careful not to bring to a full boil, which can toughen the meat. When water reaches a simmer, lower heat
to maintain simmer and cook until chicken is done . the legs should easily pull off the body . about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Drain
chicken, reserving liquid for another use. Discard onion. Place chicken on a plate and let cool just enough to touch, about 5 to
10 minutes. Discard skin, and pull meat off bones and into ite-size strips. You should have 3 to 31.2 cups meat.
3. While chicken boils, prepare potatoes. Scrub clean, but do not peel. Cut each into quarters, then into thin (1.8-inch)
slices. Divide between the two baking sheets. Drizzle 11.2 tsp. oil and sprinkle 1.2 tsp. pepper over potatoes on each sheet.
Toss to coat, then spread the pieces so they arenft touching. Bake at 425F until golden and tender when pierced with the
tip of a knife, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on the pan.
4. While potatoes bake, prepare the cauliflower. Break into equal, bite-size florets, and add pieces to the pot of boiling water.
Have ready a colander in the sink and a bowl of ice water. Boil florets for 2 minutes, then test a piece. It should be firm, but not
crunchy. Drain florets, then immediately plunge into ice water for a minute, to stop the cooking. (This is called gblanching and shocking,h a technique you can use to perfectly cook vegetables including green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower.)
5. The chicken, potatoes, and cauliflower may all be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge in sealed containers. When
youfre ready to eat, assemble salads on 8 plates. On each plate, place about 1.2 cup potatoes on the bottom, then a heaping 1.3
cup pulled chicken, then a heaping 1.2 cup cauliflower florets. Top with 1 Tbsp. sour cream and sprinkle with scallions. Serve at room temperature or chilled.