1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add sweet potatoes, celery, and parsnip; cook 4 minutes. Add wine and simmer 2 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, collards, 2 cups of the broth, cumin, thyme, and salt to the pan. Raise heat to medium high and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 to 35 minutes. Stir in broccoli, return to a simmer, and cook 5 minutes.
3. While vegetables cook, in a medium saucepan bring remaining 1 and 1/2 cups broth to a boil. Remove pan from heat, stir in bulgur, cover, and let soak until all the liquid is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, gently mash kidney beans. Stir in bulgur, oats, shallot, egg whites, coriander, and parsley. (If mixture is too hot to handle comfortably, refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes.)
5. Preheat broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray. With wet hands form the bulgur mixture into 18 balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Broil for 8 minutes, or until darkened and crispy.
6. To serve, divide stew among 6 bowls and top each with 3 bulgur "meatballs."
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2011