1. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
2. Place potato strips into water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
3. Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
4. Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice and pepper flakes in plastic bag.
5. Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
6. Brush potatoes with oil
7. Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
9. Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally so brown on both sides.