1. Combine cereal and orange juice; let stand several minutes for bran to absorb juice.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Stir egg and oil into bran until well mixed.
4. Add bran mixture and chopped nectarines to dry ingredients; stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be thick and lumpy.)
5. Spoon batter into 12 greased 2-1/2 inch muffin cups. Bake in 400degrees F oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and serve hot.
Options: Sprinkle muffins with slivered almonds before baking.
Courtesy of Kingsburg Orchards and California Tree Fruit Agreement