1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, stir 1/3 cup of the sugar together with the vanilla and preserves. Add peaches and stir to coat thoroughly. Set aside.
3. Place butter in an 8- or 9-inch square pan and put in the oven to melt.
4. While butter melts, in a large bowl whisk together flour, remaining 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well blended. Whisk in the yogurt. Batter may be slightly lumpy; whisk to incorporate larger lumps. Batter should resemble thick muffin batter.
5. When butter has melted, remove pan from oven, shift pan to spread butter evenly, and scoop batter into pan. Do not stir. Gently pour reserved peaches and all their juices over the surface. Sprinkle crisp or granola over the peaches.
6. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until surface is golden brown. Peach juices may bubble over the surface. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes, then serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2011